- PhD, Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, 2013
- MSc, Biomedical Engineering, Tel-Aviv University, 2007, Summa cum laude
- BSc, Biomedical Engineering, Tel-Aviv University, 2006, Summa cum laude
- Post-doctoral researcher at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA, USAfrom Aug. 2013 to July 2016 and a research affiliate at MIT from Aug. 2016 to July 2018.
- Freifeld L, Odstrcil I, Foerster D, Ramirez A, Gagnon JA, Randlett O, Costa EK, Asano S, Celiker OT, Gao R, Martin-Alarcon DA, Reginato P, Dick C, Chen L, Schoppik D, Engert F, Baier H, Boyden ES. "Expansion microscopy of zebrafish for neuroscience and developmental biology studies", PNAS 114(50): E10799-E10808, 2017.
- Katsov AY, Freifeld L, Horowitz MA, Kuehn S, Clandinin TR. "Dynamic structure of locomotor behavior in walking fruit flies", eLife 6: e26410, 2017.
- Gohl DM*, Freifeld L*, Silies M, Hwa JJ, Horowitz MA, Clandinin TR. "Large-scale mapping of transposable element insertion sites using digital encoding of sample identity", Genetics 196(3): 615-623, 2014. *These authors contributed equally to this work.
- Freifeld L, Clark DA, Horowitz MA, Schnitzer MJ, Clandinin TR. "GABAergic lateral interactions tune the early stages of visual processing in Drosophila", Neuron 78(6): 1075-1089, 2013.
- Clark DA, Bursztyn (-Freifeld) L, Horowitz MA, Schnitzer MJ, Clandinin TR. "Defining the computational structure of the motion detector in Drosophila", Neuron 70(6): 1165-1177, 2011.
Main Research Interests
Span both Biomedical Engineering and Neuroscience as well as a variety of topics such as imaging technology (particularly different types of fluorescence microscopy), signal processing, statistical modeling, circuit neuroscience, epilepsy and the relation between the structure of cell nuclei and gene expression regulation.